Triangle Community Center
Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBT programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community.
Triangle Community Center (TCC) is the only organization focused exclusively on the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, which is a community at much greater risk of isolation, discrimination, suicide, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS than its peers. TCC has been in existence since 1990 and until 2013 has operated with no full time staff. TCC hosts groups and programs that provide health and human services to the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County. We work closely with Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project and World Health Clinicians on HIV/AIDS related outreach, testing initiatives, and creating a more informed and healthy LGBTQ community.
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative and clerical support, ensure cleanliness of the facility, and assist with programming needs. The Administrative Assistant will work to improve operations at TCC, with a particular emphasis on office management.
- Administrative and clerical support, including filing documents, scheduling appointments, and preparing documents for outreach.
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of TCC spaces, including the drop-in center.
- Coordinate the scheduling of approved onsite and offsite TCC programs, services, and events.
- Run TCC errands to the supermarket, post office, office supply store, etc.
- Field phone calls and provide referrals for potential clients seeking information about TCC programs and services via phone or email.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory regularly.
- Assume other receptionist duties when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors degree preferred; plus 1-3 years experience in program administration in the LGBTQ community
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; Exceptional time management
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet management, email and internet research
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
Triangle Community Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This is a part-time hourly position for 20 hours per week. Hourly pay rate will be between $12-$15 per hour.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.