Triangle Community Center (TCC) is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBTQ programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community.
TCC is the only organization focused exclusively on the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, which is a community at much greater risk of isolation, discrimination, suicide, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS than its peers. TCC has been in existence since 1990 and until 2013 operated with no full time staff. TCC hosts support groups and programs that provide health and human services to the LGBTQ community and works closely with Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project and World Health Clinicians on HIV/AIDS related outreach, testing initiatives, and creating a more informed and healthy LGBTQ community.
Position: Group Advisor
Meetings are held weekly on Saturdays, from 4PM to 6PM
TCC is proud to host its youth groups, including the Alliance. The Alliance is an educational and community-focused young adult group, open to individuals between the ages of 18-24. The group discusses and brings awareness to issues affecting LGBT young adults and allies as well as the greater community. The purpose of the Alliance is to help participants develop personal and professional skills for navigating common challenges faced by young adults as well as advancing in their educational and/or professional careers.
- Publicizing meetings via TCC social media by contacting the Programs Coordinator.
- Contacting existing group members via social media, Email or Texting alerts (facilitator’s preference) to remind them of upcoming meeting (1week-3 days in advance).
- Ensuring that all group members fill out both the Client Information Form and Support Group Feedback Form.
- Turning in all Client Information Forms and Support Group Feedback Forms post sessions to the mailbox of the Programs Coordinator.
- Referring Clients as needed to the Case Manager(s).
- Provide support to group leaders and facilitators as well as assisting in special event planning with the group.
Meeting in person or via phone with the Programs Coordinator or Service Coordinator, 1x month for approximately 20-60 minutes.
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of their experience, their professionalism/demeanor, and their credentials. Only applicants with Mental Health/Health/Counseling/Substance Abuse related degrees or certifications will be strongly considered for this position.
Please email cover letter, résumé and three professional references to: