Triangle Community Center
Program and Outreach Coordinator
Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBTQ programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community.
Triangle Community Center (TCC) is the only organization focused exclusively on the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, which is a community at much greater risk of isolation, discrimination, suicide, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS than its peers. TCC has been in existence since 1990 and until 2013 operated with no full time staff. TCC hosts groups and programs that provide health and human services to the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County. We work closely with Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project and World Health Clinicians on HIV/AIDS related outreach, testing initiatives, and creating a more informed and healthy LGBTQ community.
Position Summary: The position of Program and Outreach Coordinator is a full time position at TCC and will report directly to the Director of Programs and Services. The Program and Outreach Coordinator will facilitate a 20-hour weekly drop-in program and will work to expand the impact of our current youth and young adult program to increase sustainable and long-term program opportunities. Additionally, the Program and Outreach Coordinator will conduct outreach to engage clients with greater needs in ongoing case management and navigation and track their progress in both in-house programming and external social services.
- Oversee TCC’s drop-in program (YAS!) serving young adults 18-25 years.
- Provide ongoing case management services to young adults.
- Develop new programs, events, and services with a particular focus on programs serving LGBTQ youth and young adults.
- Conduct community outreach to engage youth/young adults and build relationships with organizations.
- Develop program descriptions and promotional materials.
- Work from TCC’s satellite office in Bridgeport at least one day a week.
- Outreach and facilitate LGBTQ programs at the satellite office in Bridgeport.
- Collect and manage program data.
- Input notes in TCC’s case management reporting system (Seeladora).
- Prepare program reports for grant submission.
- General administrative office tasks related to program management as well as tasks delegated by the Director of Programs and Services, and Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required; plus 1-3 years experience in program delivery and/or social work in the LGBTQ community (experience in case management a plus)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, specifically youth and communities of color
- Experience in community outreach, including social networking and online organizing
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; Exceptional time management
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet management, email and internet research
- Knowledge in data management, grant reporting, and website content management preferred
- Experience with time management and leadership tools or an interest in learning about either
- Reliable transportation
- Spanish speaking preferred.
Triangle Community Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Salary Range $38,000 -$48,000
Health insurance and benefits included
Reports to: Director of Programs and Services
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.