Triangle Community Center
Service Coordinator & Case Manager
Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBT programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community.
Triangle Community Center (TCC) is the only organization focused exclusively on the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, which is a community at much greater risk of isolation, discrimination, suicide, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS than its peers. TCC has been in existence since 1990 and until 2013 operated with no full time staff. TCC hosts groups and programs that provide health and human services to the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County. We work closely with Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project and World Health Clinicians on HIV/AIDS related outreach, testing initiatives, and creating a more informed and healthy LGBTQ community.
Position Summary: The position of Service Coordinator & Case Manager is a full time position at TCC. The staff in this position will split their time between managing and developing TCC’s case management program as well as supporting and providing oversight of TCC’s already existing array of programs and services. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and work to expand the impact of our current program offering using community input to increase sustainable and long-term program opportunities with a particular emphasis on engaging clients with greater needs in ongoing case management and navigation to track their progress in both in house programming and outside social services. The position will also assess opportunities for expanding TCC’s current program offering throughout Fairfield County.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop a directory of local social services and programs available to TCC’s clients in greater Fairfield County as well as maintaining the directory over time.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop policies and procedures for TCC’s new case management and navigation program.
- Active case management of approximately 20-30 clients on an on-going basis.
- Supporting program leaders and providing oversight of services provided.
- Helping to develop program descriptions and promotional materials.
- Community organizing with a particular focus on engaging program participants and volunteers.
- General administrative office tasks related to program management as well as tasks delegated by the Executive Director
- Developing new programs, events and services with a particular focus on programs serving LGBTQ young adults, families, and elderly.
- Managing outreach to promote services offered at TCC to the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, CT
- Associates or Bachelors degree required; plus 3-5 years experience in program delivery and/or social work in the LGBTQ community
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, specifically youth and communities of color
- Experience in community outreach, including social networking and online organizing
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; Exceptional time management
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet management, email and internet research
- Knowledge in data management, website content management and email servers preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred
Triangle Community Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Salary commensurate with experience
Health insurance and benefits included
Reports To: Executive Director
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Service Coordinator & Case Manager". Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.