Operations and Administrative Interns
Triangle Community Center (TCC) encourages high school and college volunteers to apply for an internship at its offices in Norwalk. Internships at TCC are unpaid. Interns will work closely with TCC staff, working on TCC operations, event planning, website management, communications, and office management.
TCC will endeavor to teach its interns a set of skills that can be marketed in the professional environment. It is our hope that the skills our interns learn here will be used in future employment and nonprofit management settings.
There are limited spots for office interns at TCC. Preferred candidates for a TCC internship will demonstrate:
-Strong written communication skills
-An understanding of the LGBTQ community
-An interest in nonprofit management and/or LGBTQ community activism
If you are interested in applying for an internship at TCC, please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to Program Coordinator Katelyn Owens at Katelyn@CTpridecenter.org.
Social Media and Marketing Interns
We are currently seeking a highly-skilled and purposeful individual to serve 10-15 hours per week as social media intern for 3-6 months. The social media intern should be proactive, committed, and enthusiastic. The social media intern will take charge of managing and elevating TCC's social media presence using Hootsuite on the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. This includes:
- Responding to messages and interactions on all platforms
- Gauging audience receptivity and developing strategies for inspiring our followers and fans to connect, donate, and participate
- Writing and posting effective, responsible, and engaging content while representing TCC
- Engaging with relevant social media trends
- Creating a clear monthly social media calendar with the language for all social media platforms
- Leveraging Hootsuite and tracking weekly progress on all social media platforms via Google apps
The social media intern should possess:
- some 1-2 years of experience in effective use of social media for community engagement
- ability to perceive and remain consistent with TCC's usage of language, photos, and video that are aligned with mission and brand
- experience implementing successful social media marketing to raise funds and awareness a major asset
- impeccable writing skills
- innovative insight into best possible practices for social media management
- positive attitude, impeccable communication, and team player
- ability to powerfully receive and incorporate feedback on performance
- background and/or interest in working in non-profit sector, youth communities, and arts education
If you are interested in applying for an internship at TCC, please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to Program Coordinator Katelyn Owens at Katelyn@CTpridecenter.org. If you operate or manage any social media accounts you are willing to share for the interview process, please add those handles to your resume.
Information and Referral Interns
- Demonstrate an understanding of the LGBTQ community
- Be briefed on TCC services and programs by staff
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
If you are interested in applying for an internship at TCC, please send your resume and a list of references to Director of Operations Irene Tsikitas at Irene@CTPrideCenter.org.