Oh wow! So you're interested in volunteering? Welcome to #TeamTCC!
For 23 years, TCC operated solely through the hard work and unrelenting dedication of volunteers and, even with five full-time staff members, TCC would not function without our 750+ volunteers. There are ways for every single member of our community to get involved. Volunteering is for absolutely everyone! No prior experience needed.
Fill out the form below to become a TCC volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering but you need special accommodations, feel free to reach out to Volunteer Coordinator Michael DeWolfe to talk about what volunteering for your community may look like.
- Events and Programs: From panels for Transgender Day of Visibility to our Annual Open House, events and programs run everyday at TCC! Often, we require help setting up, serving food, cleaning up, and ensuring that things run smoothly. Volunteering for an event or program also includes coming early for set-up and staying later for breakdown.
- Tabling: Are you social and friendly? Love talking? Well, tabling may be for you! You act as the face of TCC, representing us at other organizations' events. Typically, volunteers will talk about what we do for the LGBTQ community, hand out brochures, and interact throughout the event. Volunteers are responsible for set-up and breakdown.
- Major Events: Two of our biggest annual events are Fairfield County's Pride in the Park, hosted every June, and the Visionary Gala, which is held in autumn. Typically, there is an individual Google Form sign-up for these events, so check your inbox around February to March for Pride, and June to July for the Visionary Gala.
- Administrative Support: Volunteers are needed on the daily for administrative tasks around our office! Volunteers are always needed to assist and support staff members with data entry, phone banks, copying, mailing preparation and filing, and more.
- Front Desk Services: This position is perfect for social, friendly, and organized volunteers! The front desk is the point of contact for visitors, clients, young adults, and community members. Responsibilities include talking about TCC, welcoming and greeting visitors, and managing appointments. If you are able to commit to a set, weekly schedule, this is perfect for you!
Third Thursday of Each Month
7PM - 8PM
About the program:
Are you trying to do more for the LGBTQ community but don't know where to start? Do you want to meet new people, gain professional skills, and dedicate your time and energy to a worthwhile cause? Well, volunteering at TCC is for you!
This is a monthly program meant for:
✓ People interested in volunteering
✓ First-time volunteers
✓ Longtime volunteers looking to learn more about TCC and what volunteering with us may look like
What you can expect at Volunteer Orientation:
✓ Learn about TCC and the goals of the agency
✓ Find out what volunteering with us is all about
✓ Meet new people
✓ Enjoy some tasty pizza and nonalcoholic beverages
It's time to get involved! Come down and learn what you can do for your community.
Volunteer Orientation will return in January 2019.
650 West Ave
Norwalk, CT 06850