Triangle Community Center
Young Adult Space Coordinator
Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBT programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community.
Triangle Community Center (TCC) is the only organization focused exclusively on the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, which is a community at much greater risk of isolation, discrimination, suicide, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS than its peers. TCC has been in existence since 1990 and until 2013 operated with no full time staff. TCC hosts groups and programs that provide health and human services to the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County. We work closely with Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project and Circle Care Center on HIV/AIDS related outreach, testing initiatives, and creating a more informed and healthy LGBTQ community.
Position Summary: The position of Young Adult Space Coordinator is a part time position at TCC. The staff person in this position will spend their time facilitating YAS! (Young Adult Space), a 20-hour/week (Monday-Thursday, 1PM-6PM) Young Adult drop-in center to achieve program objectives. This staff position will work to expand the impact of our current young adult program by
using community input to increase sustainable and long-term program opportunities with a particular emphasis on engaging clients with greater needs in TCC’s ongoing case management and navigation program, and track their progress in both in-house programming and outside social services. This is a 20-hour/week part-time position and does not include benefits.
- Oversee and facilitate TCC’s drop-in program (YAS!) serving young adults 18-25 years.
- Provide ongoing case management services to young adults and input notes in TCC’s case management reporting system.
- Collect and manage program data.
- Develop Young Adult programs, events and services (such as monthly advisory board meetings).
- Conduct community outreach to engage young adults and build relationships with organizations.
- Develop promotional materials and manage YAS! social media sites.
- Bachelors degree required; plus 1-3 years experience in program facilitation and delivery
- Fluent in Spanish
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, specifically young adults and communities of color
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in community outreach, including social networking and online organizing
- Exceptional time management
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet management, email, and internet research
- Knowledge in data management, website content management and email servers preferred.
Triangle Community Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Services
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.