Community Engagement Manager
Since 1990 Triangle Community Center (TCC) has been Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBTQ programming and resources. TCC empowers and advocates for LGBTQ people in
Connecticut through programming focused on health, community and learning.
The Community Engagement Manager for the Triangle Community Center serves a vital role in the financial success of the organization. This position serves in the Development Department and is a direct report to the Senior Director of Development.
- Develop and manage all TCC special events, including annual Pride in the Park and Gala, in conjunction with the Senior Development Director, Executive Director and respective event planning committees
- Plan events from start to finish according to established goals and plans
- Develop and implement ways to enhance each event’s key performance indicators
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence to said budgets
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Manage volunteer recruitment and work with key event volunteers
- Analyze the event’s planning and overall success and create pre/post-event reports
Media: Print, Digital, and Social
- Develop strong relationships with local and statewide media contacts
- Maintain media list, draft press releases and organizational statements and elevate the visibility of TCC in local and statewide media and via social media
- Manage social media content and develop effective delivery plan
- Maintain and develop TCC website as a resource for clients, donors, and volunteers.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Implement engagement programs described above with fundraising and relationship development at the forefront.
- Maintain donor, press, and volunteer records to enhance institutional resources
- Ensure that all participants in TCC development programs are thanked and recognized.
- Collaborate with Senior Development Director to ensure fundraising best practices are followed in all areas of development efforts, including preserving donor privacy, meeting goals to minimize the cost to raise funds in each campaign or event, and representing TCC in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
- 4-year college degree (Bachelor’s) required, preferably in communication, fundraising, or marketing
- Minimum of two years relevant non-profit experience with proven success in the following areas:
- large event management
- fundraising development
- media promotions and social media content management
- Knowledge of and experience with the LGBTQ community
Key Skills and Competencies
- Passion for serving the LGBTQ community
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective communications, including superb written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and detailed-oriented
- Planning and organizing
- Decision-making and efficient implementation
- Strong leadership skills and team-oriented
- Volunteer management and relational skills
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge software is a huge plus.
Please email your cover letter, detailed resume outlining relevant experience, and salary requirements to Laurie Scott, email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time, salaried. Health, Dental and Vision benefits availability, with employee participation.