Triangle Community Center
Coordinator, Community and Corporate Learning
Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBTQ programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community. TCC supports and advocates for LGBTQ people in CT through programming focused on community, health and learning.
Position Summary: The Coordinator, Community and Corporate Learning at TCC will report directly to the Director of Programs and will manage TCC’s LGBTQ Training Institute. They will design and facilitate cultural competency training curricula for non-profit and for-profit organizations, and provide community-based educational opportunities. The Coordinator, Community and Corporate Learning will conduct outreach to promote the LGBTQ Training institute, build relationships and strengthen partnerships with community organizations and businesses. They will apportion their time and resources according to the need of the community and fee-for service learning.
- Develop and provide opportunities for community engagement inclusive of workshops, training and/or speaking engagements to further increase LGBTQ visibility and awareness of TCC
- Develop curricula and facilitate LGBTQ cultural competency training and workshops for nonprofit and for-profit organizations and institutions.
- Business development for the pay-for-service part of the training institute, assuring institute meets and/or exceeds revenue, community engagements, and other key performance metrics
- Outreach to organizations, businesses and institutions across Connecticut to promote the LGBTQ Training Institute and build allied community relationships.
- Participate in local partnership building opportunities such as the Domestic Violence Crisis Center’s Norwalk Task Force and Norwalk ACTS Convenings.
- Participate in collaborative sexual violence prevention initiative with other local organizations, working to educate and engage the athletic community in sexual violence prevention.
- Stay current on workplace LGBTQ diversity and inclusion best practices.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of local and national LGBTQ news and current events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required and knowledge of the LGBTQ community plus 2+ years experience in community education.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong relational skills.
- Team oriented.
- Knowledge of and commitment to LGBTQ
- Experience in community outreach, including social networking.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously; Exceptional time management.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet management, email and internet research.
- Knowledge in data management, website content management and email servers.
- Reliable transportation with a clean driving record.
- Background check will be performed prior to start date.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance (employee contribution)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays