Triangle Community Center
Director of Operations
Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of LGBT programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the community.
Triangle Community Center (TCC) is the only organization focused exclusively on the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, which is a community at much greater risk of isolation, discrimination, suicide, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS than its peers. TCC has been in existence since 1990 and until 2013 operated with no full time staff. TCC hosts groups and programs that provide health and human services to the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County. We work closely with Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project and Circle Care Center on HIV/AIDS related outreach, testing initiatives, and creating a more informed and healthy LGBTQ community.
Position Summary: The Director of Operations is a critical position at Triangle Community Center. The ideal person in this position will be someone who is gifted in managing their time while juggling multiple responsibilities and goals in a fast moving and dynamic office environment. The Director of Operations will also identify and execute opportunities for expanding TCC’s current services throughout Fairfield County using strategic operations including communications, fund development, and community engagement. The Director of Operations primarily focuses their time on fund development, but will also oversee public relations and communications with an understanding of how these additional areas of operations affect the public perception of the center’s work and forthcoming support. The Director of Operations is also the lead staff person on TCC’s two major special events, Pride in the Park and the Visionary Party. Special event responsibilities include sponsorship cultivation, volunteer management, government relations, promotion, logistics, and compliance.
- Leading TCC’s development operations to meet all approved revenue goals for individual and corporate giving.
- Overseeing communications and public relations with an intentional focus on educating the greater Fairfield County community about the needs within the LGBTQ community and the programs TCC has developed to meet those needs.
- General administrative office tasks related to program management as well as tasks delegated by the Executive Director
- Managing TCC’s membership program, membership renewals and quarterly online and direct mail appeals.
- Developing, cultivating and maintaining major donor and corporate partner relationships.
- Strategic planning for marketing and communications including a multi-faceted approach incorporating social media, website development, public relations, email marketing, and direct mail.
- Supporting the executive director in writing organizational policies and procedures
- Supervising the administrative assistant, interns and volunteers during regular office hours.
- Overseeing the planning and production of TCC’s two major special events: Pride in the Park and Visionary Party.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required; plus 3-5 years experience in non-profit operations.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, specifically youth and communities of color
- Experience in community outreach, including online communications strategy
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; Exceptional time management
- Self-starter, extremely well organized, detail-oriented, energetic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven and successful track record in fund development with experience in online small gift fundraising, direct mail, major donor development, special events and corporate giving.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet management, email and internet research
- Knowledge in data management, website content management and email servers.
- Spanish speaking preferred
Salary is $57,500
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance included.
Reports To: Executive Director
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis