Triangle Community Center’s (TCC) training program includes community education and professional development surrounding LGBTQ cultural competency. Trainings are facilitated by TCC’s Community Educator for businesses, social and public service agencies, institutions, and schools.
- Services provided by TCC Training Institute are offered at a fee.
- For most effective training, it is recommended that training classes are kept to groups of under 25 individuals.
- Organizations requiring training for audiences larger than 25 are encouraged to schedule multiple sessions.
- Each additional group training will be provided at a discounted fee (if provided on the same day).
- For organizations wishing to train 100+ individuals, we may provide custom proposals.
TCC’s training objectives and learning goals include understanding of the following:
- Language and definition of terms associated with the LGBTQ community.
- Definitions of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Rethinking social norms and expectations in regard to sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
- How to be a good ally to the LGBTQ community in your organization through inclusive and non-binary language and attitudes.
- We are also happy to build customized curriculum and training workshops with content particular to your organization’s needs. Our Community Educator can design and facilitate a tailored curriculum to meet your learning goals for an additional fee.
Services offered by the Training Institute are provided at a fee. However, TCC is committed to forming equitable practices and partnerships, and will offer partially or fully grant-funded trainings to organizations, companies, or institutions that cannot afford the trainings otherwise, and for whom training would have a large impact. All requests for grant-funded trainings will be evaluated to determine the best course of action for all parties, as well as the level of financial support TCC is able to offer towards the training.
For a complete description of grant-funded training please download the informational document below.
To apply for a grant-funded training please click below.
For more information and fee consultations, or to schedule a training or speaking engagement, please contact Cadence Pentheny at [email protected].