This Holiday Season TCC is offering two ways to give back to LGBT youth in New York and Connecticut.
Two of our generous Founders' Circle members have offered to match all donations made up to $500 for LGBT Youth Groups in Fairfield County. We got a nice start in collecting funds for these important programs in Fairfield, Danbury and Stamford at our Holiday brunch, but with this match we now have the opportunity to collect funds throughout the entire month of December!
Throughout the month of December we will be collecting donations of goods to benefit homeless LGBT youth in NYC. You can bring any of the following items to TCC on weekdays from 9 - 5pm, or contact [email protected] to arrange an alternative drop off time. We'll be dropping all donations off at the Hetrick-Martin Institute and the Church of St. Luke in the Fields at the beginning of January.
Items for donation include:
- New and unopened travel-sized toiletries including soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, lotion, disposable razors, shaving gel, lip balm, deodorant, handwipes, tissues, feminine hygiene products, hair gel, hair bands, brushes, combs, and Q tips
- New and unopened underwear, socks, tights, and leggings
- Small but essential winter accessories such as warm hats, gloves, scarves, and disposable hand warmers
- Non-perishable portable food such as instant noodles, canned pastas, cereal, and granola bars
- Reusable water bottles, sewing kits, disposable hand warmers, jackets, boots, sneakers (including women's sizes 12 and up), backpacks, thermal pants and shirts
We are hoping to collect donations significant enough to impact our local area youth groups as well as homeless youth in NYC and appreciate anything you can give to help bring us closer to this goal.